Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Conversations

Is a cat better than a sister? Rebecca thinks so... We were reading the book Jessica by Kevin Henkes (we love Kevin Henkes!) this weekend about how Ruthie didn't have a cat or a dog or a sister or a brother, but she had Jessica (her imaginary friend, and then her real friend). I was talking to Rebecca about how she (Rebecca) did have a sister and a cat. And then, just for grins, I asked her which she liked better- the cat or the sister. And she said "the cat". Repeated the question in different order, with real names, changed it to "who's more fun to play with?"- the cat won, everytime. Sisters- gotta love it.

And this morning- Isabelle was going through our hair pretty drawer- we still had a baby headband in there. She pulled it out and was asking about it and said "there will never be any babies in this family ever again". And I said- "well, when you and your sister grow up, maybe there will be". She said "but maybe we won't have babies- you never know." I said "You're right, but it would be nice- when you're older- about 28". And she said "Yeah, or maybe I'll be a teenager..." Eeek! Over my dead body! Convent school, here we come! LOL.

2 comments:

Christy said...

A teenager! Oh my! lol

Laura said...

LOL That confirms my theory that locking them in a room until they're 25 is a good idea. :) We love Kevin Henkes too - my favorite is Lily's Purple Purse (or whatever the name is).