Friday, March 23, 2007

The weekend recap

Better late than never, right? :)

Last weekend was spent in St. Louis with some wonderful ladies just generally having fun. Despite a slighly rocky start (missed my exit on the freeway, and was on meds for thrush- darn antibiotics!) the weekend was great. I don't remember the last time I've willingly stayed up so late (and I've never drank that much in one weekend- what can I say, I'm very tame :) ).

We started off the weekend with a trip to the Budweiser brewery, which was a lot cooler than I expected. It was so pretty, with these amazing chandeliers and stained glass everywhere, even in the stables. They gave away samples too- actual glasses, not little dixie cups. Then we went to the Schlafly tap room, for a delicious lunch, and back to the hotel for some R&R before heading out to dinner at the St. Louis Fish Market and then to the Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar (so fun! Last dueling piano bar that I went to was Pat O'Briens on my honeymoon). The next day, we got up way too early and went to the Arch- hadn't been there since I was a little kid- it was pretty cool. The rest of the day was pretty relaxed- lunch then hanging out at the hotel, eating, drinking and laughing.

After breakfast the next morning, we all headed out. Uneventful drive (I found a drive-through Starbucks- yay!) and the kids were reasonably excited to see me.

Dh and the kids had a good weekend to themselves- he let them have a dinner of popcorn in front of a movie on Friday night! (actually, he's gone this weekend and we're doing dinner and a movie- but I'm serving pizza! :) ) He actually took them swimming all by himself- brave man. And Isabelle lost her second tooth- and I mean lost! She and Rebecca were playing with the little bag it was in and it disappeared! I finally found it yesterday morning, so the tooth-fairy paid a belated visit last night.

I've just been kind of draggy this week. I was still tired Monday, and even a bit on Tuesday. Wednesday I felt back to normal- did some work in the yard because it was a beautiful day- and Thurday and today I'm suffering from pulled muscles. Had a migraine yesterday too, that I worked through- TGIF!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

TWO teeth? OMG! Don't tell Hadley, she'll start banging her mouth against a brick wall!! Glad you had a good time in St. Louis!

Bethany said...

Eleanor! I had such a great time in St.Louis. I really enjoyed your company. I'm glad you were a part of it all. :)

Heather New said...

Last week was hell on earth for me. LOL So, you were not alone.

I had SUCH fun and I'm SO glad you were there. :)