Thursday, February 22, 2007

Haven't updated the blog in a while. Things have been busy at work and at home. When I haven't been working, playing with the kids, or sleeping, I've been scrapping! I created 5 layouts in the last week (although, it looks like only 4 are uploading- hmmm). It's the last week of my contest, and I've been doing a bunch of challenges as well. It's really inspired me, and I can't believe how much I've learned in a week.

The big event of the weekend was R's birthday. We got her a new baby doll, some clothes for it, and a new stroller. She loves it! We had gotten her a highchair for it as well, but one of the pieces was broken when we tried to assemble it, and we haven't been able to exchange it yet. The doll is one that cries and says mama. A bit annoying, but just so sweet the way she interacts with it. When it cries, she says "shh, shh" and when it says
"mama" she says "yes, dear". My heart just melts... We had cake on Friday- it was actually a Valentine's cake, but she didn't care- you can see a bit of the red frosting in the scrapbook layout at the top left! :)

We had even more snow over the weekend. DH decided we should take the kids out in a nature walk in the snow. Only problem- the place he drove us to was closed for the season, and he decided to do a 3-point to turn around. In the 12-18 inch bank of snow. Fortunately a good samaritan came along almost immediately and pulled us out. So instead, we drove to the memorial park on the way home- there's a pond, and some swans (amazingly, still out all winter) and the girls just ran around for a while in the deep snow. I managed to get some great snowy pictures- good thing since it's all melting and slush now. But, I'm ready for spring now, so that's ok :)

Our other adventure of this week was the dying of our dryer. It really shouldn't come as a surprise- both it and our washer are really old. My mom had just bought a new one right before we moved into the house (we didn't come with those) and let us take hers. So we knew we'd have to get new ones sooner or later. So tonight, after dinner, we went to Lowe's and bought a new set :) The girls were maniacs though, running around trying to stick their heads in the dryers, and playing hide and seek among the refridgerators. They crashed hard when we finally got home. So, the new stuff will be here in the morning.

I had lots of stuff I meant to write about earlier in the week, but life just sort of got ahead of me, and I never did.
Maybe I'll think of some of it later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: