Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Snow Days, and scrapbook contests...

It's been an interesting couple of days. Got to work on Monday (DH takes the girls to daycare- I leave early) and a woman I work with who uses the same daycare asks "So are you taking the day off or is your husband?" I must have looked pretty blank because she said "To stay with the girls? While the daycare is closed?" Apparently if the wind chill is low enough, the daycare closes, along with the public schools. Seems kind of weird to me, since they don't go outside when it's cold, and none of the kids walk or take a bus...but...whatever. DH found out when he got there and saw the note on the door- we don't listen to the radio or TV in the morning to hear the announcement (but we better start!). So he stayed home with them...


Then yesterday, we got The Big Snow...probably about 5 inches. The girls daycare closed at 1, so it was my turn to get them. The irony is, that I was driving through probably the worst conditions of the day to get them, and had to wake them from naps to bring them home...so they were cranky much of the afternoon. We played in the snow for exactly 10 minutes before R. lost her mittens. I asked what had happened to them...and I. took that as a cue to bury them in the snow. Ugh...so R. was screaming hysterically, because it was cold, her hands were wet from the snow, and when we found them, they were covered with snow inside and out. So we had to go in...and of course, I was on the cordless phone trying to wrap up something from work, while also trying to calm R. and warm her hands up. About halfway through the tantrum, she starts screaming "I want Daddy." Way to make me feel like a bad parent! So then we all cuddled, and watched Signing Time together....I. was bored and started playing tic-tac-toe by herself, but R. was really interested in making the signs- sure, now that she can talk really well. LOL.


My other recent obsession has been the New Kids on the Block Contest for new digi-scrappers. It started this week, and I've been totally obsessed. I think I jinxed myself earlier when I talked about how easy it was to upload photos with Picasa- the last couple of times, I've got an error message...so I'll upload my layout the old-fashioned way... It says "While Isabelle and Rebecca were captivated by the drummers, they captivated us..."

3 comments:

justkc said...

Oh they are just BEAUTIFUL! That page is excellent!

Shelley said...

Hey!

Heather gave me your blog link! Your girls are beautiful!!!

You can check out my blog if you want at http://myifewithaprincess.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Holy Cow, Eleanor! THe girls are gorgeous!!