Friday, February 9, 2007

Little things...

I'm working this weekend, and DH took the girls up to MIL's- they just left an hour ago. It's amazing how quiet the house is!

I've been inspired to think about the kids little phrases and mannerisms, though, and record them for posterity...

Isabelle is very inquisative about everything- one of her most heard quote is "Is there such a thing as 'x' in this world?" Always "in this world". She's also on a major pirate kick right now- when she and her best friend Sarah are 20, they are going on a "pirate inventure". Sarah will be the captain, because she thought of it and Isabelle is the "matey". The girls like it if we play pirate with them...DH will "drag" one of them off to "walk the plank" (go in for toothbrush time, or jammies, or something)...Isabelle started with "Give me back my daughter" whenever he takes Rebecca...and she's got Rebecca saying it to, when Isabelle is being carried off (is that ever funny!). Isabelle was also the inventor of the running hug. On many nights, when they say good night to me, and give me a hug, they now take a running start and leap into my arms- usually 2 or 3 a night- and all initiated by Isabelle.

The purple hugs are Rebecca's...although, I suppose I started that. Rebecca is a great hugger- when she wants to be. Sometimes, she doesn't want to, and I've had to get creative to get my nighttime hug. Once when she was in a particularly anti-hugging phase (but really big on learning colors!), I came up with the idea of her giving various different colored hugs and kisses, and it stuck. Most nights (but not all) we like to come up with a lot of different colored hugs and kisses to give and receive. Rebeccas big phrase right now is "when I get big, can I..." The main things she wants to do are drive the car, and chew gum. LOL. She's also our big music critic. If she doesn't like what someone is singing, or if she wants to sing one of her songs solo, she'll yell "No, don't sing!" and get more and more agitated, until whoever is singing stops. She's done that since she was two probably...she could barely talk, otherwise, but she could get those words out!

5 comments:

Chris Wasielewski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Wasielewski said...

Ahhhh..... how cute!! Love all those stories. Those colored hugs sound too cute. I have to laugh about the little star performer too. Sounds like Chloe and Rebecca would totally be competing for attention around each other! ;)

Chris

Heather said...

I LOVE the color hugs!! How sweet!

Heather New said...

"Give me back my daughter" made me laugh out loud!!!

You have some wonderfully creative girls. :)

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

I love those stories. I've been meaning to document the cute things J used to say and do when he was younger, before I forget.

And the running hug - gotta love that!